Laparoscopy Urology Surgery in Nashik
Laparoscopic urology surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery (MIS) or keyhole surgery. It makes use of images displayed on TV monitors to magnify surgical elements. This technique is useful to perform surgeries within abdominal or pelvic cavities.
Following procedures are done routinely by laparoscopic surgery:
- Radical, simple and partial nephrectomy
- Renal cyst surery
- Pyeloplasty, pyelolithotomy, ureterolithotomy
- Uretero-ureterostomy, ureteric reimplantaion
- Bladder diverticulectomy, bladder augmentation
- Radical cystectomy
- Radical prostatectomy
- Retroperitoneal and iliac lymph node dissection
Advantages of Laparoscopic urology surgery
- Reduced haemorrhage – It reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Smaller incision – This surgery requires smaller incision which ultimately reduces pain and shortens recovery time, as well as resulting in less post-operative scarring.
- Hospital stay is less, and often with a same day discharge which leads to a faster return to everyday living.